My Favorite Fiction Books of Nov-12

Blogs, I quite frequently read, present Favorite Books of 2012.

I worked quite hard this November, but I took my time to read a few fiction books and - maybe they were well selected - 3 are among my favorite reads ever. I read in German.


Ludmila Ulitskaya's Imago (Das grüne Zelt, my first book of this novelist)

Sofi Oksanen's Stalin's Cows (Stalin's Kühe - earlier I have read her Fegefeuer - Purge)

Julie Otsuka's The Buddha in the Attic  (Wovon wir träumten, my first book of this novelist)

All 3 novelists will be embraced into my must-read-all author list to which I also added quite recently - Gerbrand Bakker. After having read The Detour (Der Umweg), I have read all titles available in German: Oben ist es still, Birnbäume blühen weiss, Tage im Juni.

I recommend reading them, but like complex financial instruments ... they might induce unintended side effects.